Care for an Aging Relative Attorneys
A Professional Corporation of Attorneys & Counselors at Law in Colorado and Wisconsin
Care for an Aging Relative

No one wants to get old, but there are legal aspects to aging that you should pay attention to while you're young. One thing you need to think about is what happens to you if you find yourself incapacitated, either physically or mentally. In this case, it is advisable to have power of attorney so someone you know and trust can make the decisions that you would make for yourself. If you are on Medicare, you may find yourself in a position where you have to sell your home to pay for health care. Sometimes they will try to get your children to exhaust all their assets to take care of your expenses. In many cases, this is not necessary, and a lawyer can help you protect your rights. Finally, an attorney can help you draft a will so that your assets are distributed according to your wishes.

Make sure that when the time comes you'll know what to do when it's your turn to be their caregiver. We have developed procedures and forms designed to help you during these times of stress. Call us to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation.


Contact Us

Contact one of our attorneys by calling (866) 463-2946 or by submitting this form.